After the butterfly valve with actuator is assembled (with either the pneumatic or electric actuator), air or electricity is supplied to the actuator. The valve rotates to 90⁰ or for a quarter turn to open or close the valve. Other specific applications are possible by opening the valve at fixed points of 10⁰, 20⁰, 40⁰ and 45⁰.
The butterfly valve with actuator eliminates the need for an operator to stay near the valve and operate the valve manually. The operator can now control the movement of the valve remotely, from the control room.
The following accessories enhance the use of the butterfly valve with actuators
- The switch box informs the operator when the valve is open or closed.
- The electro-pneumatic positioner controls the valve using a 4-20mA signal.
- The Namur solenoid valve controls the air supply with an electrical signal.
- The spring return function (in electric and pneumatic actuators) or the battery back-up feature (in electric actuators), ensures a fail-safe operation.
- The enclosure helps fulfil the ATEX requirements
- Quick exhaust valve
- Air filter regulator
- Throttle plate
- Needle valve
ISO Mount is an international standard guide that simplifies the process of assembling the butterfly valve with the actuator, accurately.
The butterfly valves comply with the following standards and accreditation's
- BS OHSAS 18001
- DIN EN ISO 14001
- DIN EN ISO 9001
- Fire Safe
- GOST (outbound)
- TA Luft
- API 609 and API 598
The pneumatic actuator complies with the following standards and regulations
- Quality System Management UNI EN ISO-9001:2008
- Authorization to Export Russian Federation, Belarus, Kazakhstan TU-CRE
- Declaration of E.S.H.R. Compliance Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE
- SIL-3 Safety Integrity Level IEC EN 61508/61511
- IP67 Protection Code Declaration EN 60529/A1:1999
- Declaration of Conformity for Using in Explosive Environments (aluminium) ATEX 2014/34/UE
- Declaration of Conformity for Using in Explosive Environments (stainless steel) ATEX 2014/34/UE
- Declaration of Conformity Design, Manufacture and Testing EN 15714-3:2009
The electric actuator complies with the following standards and regulations
- SO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- ATEX, NEMA, IEEE, RCC-E, SIL
- ABS, CSA, BUREAU VERITAS, GERMANISCHER LLOYDS, GOST, INERIS, TÜV
Types of butterfly valve with actuator
There are six types of butterfly valve
- Wafer Butterfly Valve
- Lugged Butterfly Valve
- Double Flanged Butterfly Valve
- Concentric Butterfly Valve
- Double Offset Butterfly Valve
- Triple Offset Butterfly Valve
The butterfly valves are available in the following materials
- Cast iron
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
The seat for the butterfly valves are available in the following material and sizes
- EPDM – The seat is available from 2 inches to 24 inches.
- NBR, VITON, and PTFE – The seat is available from 2 inches to 12 inches.
- Metal or RPTFE seats (for the double offset and triple offset butterfly valves) – The size ranges from 2 inches to 24 inches.
Larger sizes are available on request.
- Electric actuator
- Pneumatic actuator
- Rack and Pinion actuator
- Scotch Yoke actuator
- Stainless steel actuator
- ATEX actuator
- SIL 3 actuator
- PTFE coated actuator
- European manufacture actuator
- E.U manufacture actuator
- TU-CRE actuator
For engineered butterfly valves with actuator, get in touch with us now. We will be pleased to offer you a complete solution to fulfil your requirements.