7 benefits of a PC enclosure system
Installing a PC enclosure provides the following benefits:
- You can use your current computer
- No disruption to work
- Removes the hassle of disposing of computer equipment
Installing an industrial enclosure, however, will require removal of your current computer network, installing new equipment, and testing new equipment.
- Cost effective: Traditionally, industrial computers are more expensive than PC enclosures. In some instances, industrial computers can cost 50 percent more than an enclosure
- Long-term: The life span of an enclosure is longer than that of an industrial computer, providing you with a better return on investment
- Additional cost: The PC enclosure does not have any installation costs
Provides advanced protection
The enclosure provides:
- Protection against dust, dirt, oil, grease and water: manufactured using high quality material
- Protection against physical impact, tampering, vandalism and theft: can be bolted to the floor or wall
- Protection in explosive environments: Armagard can provide ATEX approved enclosures
- European Ingress Protection (IP) and International NEMA standards: determines the level of protection the enclosure provides
Compared to industrial computers, PC enclosures can protect computers at low cost.
Convenient to use in extreme temperatures
PC enclosures provides two distinct advantages that an industrial computer cannot.
- Timely repairs: Industrial computers can operate in extreme temperatures. But, if the heating or cooling system fails, the computer would need to be replaced or repaired. However, a PC enclosure can be quickly repaired on-site
- Customised: An enclosure can be customised as required. For example, an Armagard industrial enclosure can ensure computer equipment is operating at full capacity, in temperatures as low as -30°C
PC enclosures have a wider range of variety and ability to customise compared to industrial computers. PC enclosures offer the following choices:
- Wide range of enclosures: Armagard has 14 different PC enclosures in their industrial range. This ensures that all computer types and sizes are safe in industrial environments
- Multipurpose: An enclosure provides more options than an industrial computer. Enclosures can protect PC towers, monitors, keyboards, mice, and touch screens
- Custom made: Enclosures can be made to suit the requirements of your industrial facility and computer operations. A range of materials are available including: powder coated mild steel, and food grade stainless steel (316). Additionally, a heating or cooling system can be included to accommodate for extreme temperatures
Unlike an industrial computer, repairs and upgrades to PC enclosures can be performed in minutes, in the industrial facility itself.
This means that:
- There are no disruptions to work
- Maintenance is quick, easy and simple
A PC enclosure can potentially be used to protect more than one computer. When an industrial computer fails, beyond repair, it requires replacement. But, when a normal computer fails or gets upgraded, the enclosure can simply be used for another computer. Potentially, a PC enclosure can protect multiple generations of equipment.
The overall benefits of a PC enclosure surpass those of an industrial computer. PC enclosures are cost efficient, and last longer than industrial computers. This results in a better return on investment.
Order your PC enclosure system now
Installing a PC enclosure (or many) provides many benefits.
Armagard has over 25 years of experience of manufacturing high quality computer enclosures for industrial purposes. Fill out the form below to get in touch with Armagard. They will provide you with a cost-effective solution.