Computers are an essential tool for manufacturing companies. They are ideal for controlling machinery, ensuring processes run efficiently, and reducing waste. However, most PCs aren’t suitable for factory environments. There are many elements in manufacturing factories that are damaging to computers, the most common being dust.
Dust proof computer enclosures are the best solution. They provide protection from dust, which protects the PC, monitor, and all other components. This saves you time and money in the long run, as it increases the longevity of your computer.
Issues with dust
There are many ways that dust can affect a computer. It can:
- Obstruct the filters causing the PC to overheat. This results in the computer failing and having to be replaced.
- Obstruct the moving parts, such as hard drives and fans, resulting in failure.
- Lead to circuit failures due to the conductive elements inside the dust.
Dust can become an explosive hazard in some manufacturing locations. Sparks from computers can cause a fire, which can lead to an explosion in certain industries. An enclosure prevents electrics from the PC and dust combining.
Protecting manufacturing computers from dust
A dust proof computer enclosure is the ideal solution for protecting computers from dust. It is designed to prevent dust from reaching the inside of the PC, meaning it remains free from damage.
Ratings are produced by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association. A dust proof computer enclosure needs a NEMA 4 protection rating to ensure it keeps the computer safe from dust.
Protecting manufacturing computers from explosive atmospheres
Some dust proof computer enclosures are manufactured to deal with the risk of dust cloud explosions. They are completely sealed, meaning no amount of dust can reach inside the enclosure and ignite with the PC. These are most common in powered food company factories, and other manufacturing factories where fine metals can explode.
Dust proof computer enclosures are essential for a wide range of manufacturing factories, because they:
- Protect standard PCs from dust.
- Reduce the risk of damage to the PC and explosions in the factory.
- Can be used for many years.
- Can be used to protect your future computers.
- Offer an exceptional return on investment.
Protect your computer from dust. Contact Armagard now.